A Katzenjammer

 A bio for Glenys Barton appears with the poem "The Tenrec"

                         A Katzenjammer

Have you a katzenjammer, like a head hit with a hammer?
You drank too much wine, now is that a crime?
The result a katzenjammer.

Spare me the details last night, surely I wasn't a fright?
You say I got into a fight, though usually I'm so polite.
The result of a katzenjammer.

How did I finish in A. & E. remembering a muzzy brain see?

I'm called to the quack, sympathy he really does lack
Has he never had a katzenjammer?

So once again it's Saturday night, I must decline your offer - that's right!
I'm really a good girl, I will knit and I'll purl
No more to suffer a katzenjammer!

                                       Glenys Barton

                    RETURN TO LIST OF POEMS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Poems

Mixed Heritage

Lost Park