Autumnal

 Please see the poem "Strawberries" for a bio of Martina.

                      Autumnal

I slurp away, darkness as a black canvas
in a cup of tea I drink every morning.

Grey dots of rain soak into a first draft of today and leave behind papier maché of footprints in leaf laden puddles.

Vivid splashes on sparse trees are frozen dancers of a dance macabre.

I believe in the open fire, pungent smell of burning wood, collapsing into fragments.

Scarlet sparks like droplets aim down on the stone,
when I shed my thoughts into a glass of Autumn wine.

When residue dissipates and metal spikes of an evening chill bite into my bones, 
I fiercely close my eyes to preserve, in this ever-changing field, a sense of body print in space.

                             Martina Gritzova (2017)

There follows artwork which accompanied the original work on the poem:

Martina Autumnal sheet 1


Martina Autumnal sheet 2

Martina Autumnal sheet 3

                              RETURN TO LIST OF POEMS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Poems

Mixed Heritage

Lost Park