Pinning the Devil

A bio for Glenys Barton appears with the poem "The Tenrec". About this poem, Glenys says 'I searched every drawer, cupboard, etc. and this really happened'.

                           Pinning the Devil

I mislaid my purse but knew not where,
it simply vanished into air.
I searched and prayed 'cause full of cash
for clothes to shop and make a splash.
Several days passed of fret and worry,
vaguely thought I'd hidden the money.
Lack of concentration, such upheaval,
resort to witchcraft and pin the devil.
So pushing the needle into a chair
I dreamt of my purse, please tell me where ...
Would you believe, five minutes later
I would find my purse. Praises to the devil!

                               Glenys Barton

              RETURN TO LIST OF POEMS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Poems

Mixed Heritage

Lost Park