Strawberries

 Martina from the Czech Republic was a former volunteer at South Chingford Community Library, joining at the beginning, at the same time as I did. In her own words:

"First writing attempts in early teenage years in the mother tongue continued after a long pause while living in London, first poems in English. Travelling to Asia and Australia later on inspired a few travel poems. Currently living in Paris, a regular attendee of  a writing anglophone workshop for the first few years, first stories in English. Inspired by French language studies, first poems and a flash fiction in French. Hoping to publish a collection of poems or stories accompanied by  her own illustrations."

See also a link to the school blog where there are a few French texts by me 

https://obloch8.wixsite.com/confiblog/post/aeb49514

                                     Strawberries

I've always loved red.

Berry dresses, Bordeaux scarves, maroon coats

When strawberry droplets caressed my cheeks
I touched my face, Summer berries on my finger tips.

Afternoon sun drank pink moist from my face.

I was wearing that pink dress
so no one could see the stains.

                       Martina Gritzova

               RETURN TO LIST OF POEMS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Poems

Mixed Heritage

Lost Park