Mother Nature's Transmutation

This poem, inspired by Epping Forest, was written by Bev, a former neighbour of mine. She returned some years back to her native South Wales. The narrator is a tree!

Mother Nature's Transmutation

I could tell many stories
Listen if you will
Of a time way before you
A way beyond you still

Mother and I bear witness
To a living free wild reign
With even Winter's crispness
We return again and again

Wind and Rain refreshes;
Sun gives parch;
Our feet implant, drink deeply
Of Mother's beating heart

Earth transmutation flows
To remedy the modern rush
Of barren senseless 'knows'
Laughed at by song of Thrush

No one listens to 'my' story
I've seen it all before
By all of my Mother's glory
Its right here on the floor


















Beverley Gill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Poems

Mixed Heritage

Lost Park