Two Birthday Limericks from Steve

 The Bard of Chingford Mount wrote two "cheerful" new Limericks on his 60th birthday. they follow:

Reaching 60 I will be very very old.

It won't be so bad I have been told.

Will soon need a new hip and knee.

Have to get up six times a night to wee.

And need a hat and cardigan to keep out the cold

Steve Marson


There is poetic licence in this equally cheerful second Limerick. He did not have a hernia, but struggled for a rhyme for laryngitis (which he did have quite badly)! ... and he did not spend the day in bed crying!

Those that say 60 is just a number are lying.

I am 1 year closer to dying.

I have laryngitis. 

A hernia that is hiatus.

And will spend my birthday in bed crying

Steve Marson

RETURN TO LIST OF POEMS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Poems

Mixed Heritage

Lost Park